Welcome!

Welcome to Mrs. K.'s Blog Site!





Bienvenidos a sitio de blogs a Mrs. K.!

Thursday, June 20, 2024

     I am so sorry that it has been several years since I have blogged!  We have gone through a pandemic, and I have worn many hats since the last time I shared information.  The last time I wrote I was a 6th grade language arts teacher.  Right around the time of the pandemic a 6th grade social studies position opened and if you know me, I love to learn, and our world is a social ocean.  I was granted the position providing I completed my endorsement before the end of the year.  In 4 months' time, I completed 21 credits...all were fascinating classes in social studies.  I also continued to teach a 7am Spanish class but a second section.  I was also asked to be the secondary social studies curriculum coach due to my background knowledge with curriculum work.  I enjoyed teaching and learning from the students and adults in each of these realms...and then other events fell into place.

     Starting this fall (2024), I will be the K-12 teacher librarian for Charles City.  Yes, I was offered the elementary teacher librarian in Charles City three years ago but the timing wasn't right but the position was always in the back of my mind.  I am looking forward to bringing my curriculum, technology, and reading skills for the students and staff of Charles City!

No comments:

Post a Comment