Welcome!

Welcome to Mrs. K.'s Blog Site!





Bienvenidos a sitio de blogs a Mrs. K.!

Friday, March 27, 2020

As Usual

Yes, today is my birthday.  No, I will not tell you my age, but I will tell you in all of the birthdays that I have had, I have had around 10 nice days (weather-wise).  Every year I tell people to plan on a major storm at the end of March: tornado, blizzard, hail storm, tsunami, hurricane, etc.  Never have I ever included a pandemic to that list.  Well, this is the birthday to add that--crazy!

So, how are you all doing at home?  This certainly has been a different world we've been thrown into, but those students that are reading this--you are 21st Century students and were very prepared for this moment.  This is your moment to shine and teach your parents, grandparents, and teachers so many things that they didn't know about until now!

I was able to get in touch with more families and students today.  I know that this is a strange time, but in a way, I have enjoyed being able to personalize contact more.  Do not get me wrong...I was able to form positive relationships with students in my classes and in the halls, but there was so much focus on standards and preparing for a test, that there was no time for students to shine by using their knowledge and their talents.  For example, this week a student showed me how she was coding and creating webpages based on the books that she was reading--PHENOMENAL!!  These personalized connections make learning so much stronger.

If you are a parent reading this blog, know that we are here for you!  Please email, phone, or text anytime.  There are great resources to share with you and your child(ren).  Many of us are still trying to meet with our students using Google Hangouts or Zoom in order to check in with them.  Please feel free to join in on these meetings and ask questions.  We are here for you as well as your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment