Welcome!

Welcome to Mrs. K.'s Blog Site!





Bienvenidos a sitio de blogs a Mrs. K.!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Just another Tuesday

Good day all!  Today was another Tuesday of virtual contacts.  I was able to meet with a few of my Spanish students and reminded them of the importance of practicing what they have learned so far.  We also had a 6th-grade team meeting.  Other than breaking up and freezing on screens, it was very similar to being at Hoover.  Although, I miss the companionship of my team.  I was able to watch a webinar for professional development.  While in the normal mode of school, there is not an opportunity for this type of professional growth.  We are always on the go with lesson plans and meetings.  I have missed these opportunities!

I was able to have an ordinary moment after the online professional development webinar.  I put up a miniature greenhouse, which I bought myself for my birthday.  I am hoping after meeting students tomorrow, I will be able to put in the seedling heating pads and start my tomato varieties.  I purchased quite a few different varieties and am hoping they turn out for this summer.  Although I do not can and preserve food like my grandma did, I do like to grow different plants each year.  For some reason, this is the year of the tomato.  I hope I can preserve salsa this year.

Again, I think of so many of my students that do not have the Internet or have opportunities to get school lunches during the week.  I pray that they are doing well and are safe as I pray for those that have contracted this nasty virus.  Again, if you should need anything, please contact me.  I will do what I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment